Robert Harris (1849 - 1919)
Methodist Chapel, 1870
watercolour on paper
19.9 x 33.5 cm
A view along the east side of Prince Street, Charlottetown, including the newly constructed First Methodist Church and to its left the old Methodist Chapel. Construction of the red brick church on the corner of Sydney and Prince Street began in 1863 and it was officially opened on November 13, 1864. In 1925 the church was renamed Trinity United Church.
Confederation Centre Art Gallery
© Confederation Centre Art Gallery